I love New York Fashion Week (NYFW) — the people watching, the clothes, the makeup/hair, the backstage passes, and all around fabulousness. However it does have it’s down side — the weather was cold and icy, and it felt like every show was miles apart. Everyone assumes NYFW = Bryant Park, but many of the shows were held at alternate venues including Milk Studios, Chelsea Art Museum, The Altman Building, and Exit Art. Not a fun trek in your Manolo’s. You’re stuck waiting for a cab in the freezing cold with all the hustle and bustle for a fifteen-minute show. Don’t get me wrong, it’s worth every minute, exhausting yes, but when I received an invitation to Robert Verdi’s 2010 Fashion Retreat, I was not about to pass up the opportunity.
Robert Verdi’s Luxe Lounge was beyond my expectations. The style icon was not only charismatic, and full of smiles, but also the most fabulous host. He thought of everything a girl needed to relax, and escape from all the running around. From healthy snacks and juices by Blue Print Cleanse, to manicures by Ginger + Liz Nail Polish, to blowouts by Phyto, the haven pampered guests from head to toe, and inside and out.
The beautifully decorated Luxe Lounge showcased brands Verdi felt represented the future of style. He covered all categories (see list below), and gave away something special from every endorsement. Now I’m no a stranger to freebies, but even I felt completely spoiled. What girl doesn’t love presents?
Here’s what Robert Verdi’s future of style looks like:
- Home Design = Modern Dose. I’m obsessed with this site and it’s founder Estella Lugo for her impeccable taste. It makes me want to redesign my whole apartment.
- Boobs = Maidenform ‘Like Magic Bra.’ It increases two cup sizes instantly! They also have an amazing array of high-quality bras in all different styles for anyone not looking for an enhancement.
- Hair = Phyto – An amazing hair line that uses the power of nutrients from plants to bring you healthy, beautiful hair.
- Makeup = Jouer – Bringing you customizable beauty products.
- Shapewear = SHATOBU – The body shaper that helps tone muscles and burn up to 12% more calories.
- Nails = Ginger + Liz Nail Polish – Non-toxic, organic nail polish.
- Food = Blue Print Cleanse – The ultimate cleanse consisting of juices and whole unadulterated foods packed with enzymes and nutrients.
- Hydration = VitaminWater Zero – 7 flavors, no calories.
- Cocktails = ABSOLUT Berri Acai – This product is made with superfoods; acai, blueberry, and pomegranate. I indulged in this beverage at the studio and it was delightful.
- Footwear = Vans – Customize your own pair of shoes at www.vans.com.
- Snacking =Popcorn Indiana – Healthier then most popcorn on the market, and oh so tasty.
- Transport = The Mercedes S400 Hybrid – This vehicle uses the world’s first lithium ion battery for cars. Stylish and sleek, it’s definitely drool worthy but a little outside my budget. Plus I love my little Vespa.
- Wardrobe = GardRobe – They offer endless closet space for wardrobe storage and valet service.
- Art = 20×200 – real, original prints (no reproductions) from major artists beginning at the amazing price of $20.
- Eyewear = Carrera Champion sunglasses – Check out this hot sunglasses sported by Lady Gaga in her ‘Bad Romance’ music video.
Looking through Robert Verdi’s (Carrera) lenses, I would say the future is looking very bright!