Mouthwash, it’s one of those products I generally have in my cabinet and yet as obsessed as I am with having white teeth, I rarely use. Partially because I’m apprehensive about the alcohol content many of them carry but mostly it’s due to the taste. I simply prefer to spend more time brushing my teeth –an action I very much enjoy. Problem is with this heat and dehydration my mouth gets totally raunchy and over-brushing (something I’m I’ve been a victim of in the past) can actually be quite harmful. Brushing in the AM and PM is enough, but what about the middle of the day when I need a pick me up?
The answer is Tom’s NEW Peppermint Wave Long-Lasting Wicked! Fresh Mouthwash. I’m from Boston so I thought I’d be disappointed with any product with the word ‘wicked’ in it and figured if it were ‘long-lasting’ it would be very strong. I could not have been more wrong; it was actually a pleasure to use it. It’s alcohol free and tasted great. I could actually gargle with it for over a minute without feeling like I would be foaming at the mouth. The secret is it’s powered by a naturally sourced mineral zinc-chloride and powerful medley of mint flavor oils to neutralize odor-causing bacteria.
I went through the bottle in a month. That’s a first!
Feel good about this. A few additional notes about the mouthwash:
- Made with 100% natural ingredients
- No artificial flavors, sweeteners, saccharin, dyes or preservatives
- No animal testing or animal ingredients
- The packaging is made from single-source plastic so you can recycle from bottle to cap – even the tamperproof shrink-wrap is compostable
- 10% of Tom’s of Maine’s net profits go back to the community to help take care of the world we share
Price: $4.29 (5.2 oz), $4.99 (16 oz). Available in flavors Cool Peppermint and Spearmint Ice. For more information visit www.tomsofmaine.com