It’s been another go-go week for me with no signs of slowing down. Last week it was Providence and Boston and now I’m on a train to DC. I shot this in my 2 day stint in New York. I’m going through a major neutral phase, I even took my forever bold lip down a few notches and have been wearing the new limited edition Gucci Lip Luxurious Moisture Rich Lipstick in shade Lilac, that’s part of the spring/summer collection. I haven’t found my perfect nude quite yet and this shade satisfies that itch. It’s very natural on and the formula is really light and moisturizing with a subtle pop of purple.
I’ve also been wearing my Gigi New York Chelsea Crossbody from last fashion week more now that it’s summer. It’s that perfect size and I’m a sucker for anything with my initials and my new Timex Fairfield Weekender watch in Rose Gold. It’s actually unisex and one of my favorites on both James and me (we share it). It’s a clean design and just perfect — they seem to be sold out of this particular strap — they have more of the colorful ones on their site, but hopefully they are back in stock soon! I’m also not a big fringe person but fell for this faux suede top from Forever 21. I think I’m channeling my inner Pocahontas –either that or music festival season is rubbing off. My jeans are also from Forever 21 and the distressed boyfriend cut is my perfect fit.
For once, everything I’m wearing is new! And I’m so excited to be rocking my latest purchases. Over the holidays I stepped into my first mall in I can’t tell you how long (the joys of being home!) and took advantage of the insane Christmas discounts. I picked up the earrings for $9 and coat on mega-sale for $22 from Forever 21 (unfortunately, it’s back to full price but still a steal at $42.80). And because there’s nothing better then stalking people on Instagram with all that holiday downtime, I saw this awesome Wow Beanie on Christian Joy’s instagram page and immediately went on her site to get it. While I was there I fell in love with everything and also got her signature Logo Sweatshirt (aren’t the colors just fabulous?).
This morning I was treated to breakfast by Forever 21 at their massively large location in Times Square for a sneak peek of the brands fall collection launching this Friday! Highlighting layering as the
1. Two Faced Sweet Dreams Makeup Collection – $52 ($186 value). Exclusive to Sephora, this whimsical makeup set is a dream! Filled with 15 of their best-selling eye shadow shades, a full-size Prime Anytime eye primer, two shades of blush, bronzer and highlighter and their signature “How To’ Cards to learn how to apply gorgeous looks with step by step instructions. Every girl in my office bought this palette (it’s that good).
2. Rebecca Minkoff Collaboration Timepiece with Baby-G ($200) – Here’s your chance to own Rebecca Minkoff’s first watch and as of now there are only 500 of these Baby-G watches being made!
3.kai bubbles & light holiday set ($49) – The gift of relaxation is always a winner in my book. This limited edition set comes in a sheer gift bag and is filled with kai’s bubble bath and all-natural fragrance candle.
4. ALEX & CHLOE for FOREVER 21 -Alex and Chloe designed a full collection of jewelry for Forever 21 all under $20!! I’m all about mixing their Rhinestone Bangels (set of 3 – $14.48) with their thicker Rhinestone Hexegon Bracelet ($14.80), pictured above, and am very excited to welcome them into my jewelry collection.
5. Pantone Mug – offered in a variety of Pantone colors ($15.95 each or $90/set of 6), this mug is a full proof present for any creative-types or coffee addicts on your list.
6. CliniqueChubby Sticks Trio ($45) – I love these hydrating color balms! They offer a soft tint of color and shine with every application. This set includes shades Super Strawberry, Chunky Cherry and Whole Lotta Honey. They are also available individually (in a variety of shades).
7. Sock it to Me knee socks ($9) – offered in a variety of funky prints and colors, forget buying underwear this holiday and go straight for the socks!
8. CND The Plum Truffle Collection – This duo nail polish set includes CND shades Plum Truffle Colour and Plum Truffle Sparkle Effect. Designed to be worn together, apply two coats of Plum Truffle Colour, followed by one coat of Plum Truffle Sparkle Effect (don’t forget your base and top coat!). Makes a great stocking stuffer! This set is available on timetospa.com.
9. Parker Pens Ingenuity Collection ($190)-I was recently at an event for Parker Pens and fell in love with them. Pick a pen based on the way it writes, looks and feels, and Parker has a grand collection of pens. However if you need a guidance, check out their new Ingenuity Collection (my favorite is the Large Daring Black Rubber and Metal pen). Everyone can use a quality ink pen, especially right around the holidays — just think about all of those ‘Thank you’ cards you’ll have to fill out. Plus it makes you feel so fancy!
10. Martha Stewart Crafts Set Your Own Stamp Case ($20.59) – If you’re looking for a gift for any of your craft friends/family, check out Martha Stewart Crafts collection. I have my eye on her Set Your Own Stamp Case which lets you create your own message on cards, invitations, tags, scrapbook pages… and includes upper and lower-case letters, numbers, punctuation marks, icons, phrases, and circular border stamps. Includes 318 pieces to be used with any colored ink pads (sold separately).
11. Victoria’s SecretParty Perfect Makeup Kit ($18) – A medley of 20 must-have VS eyes and face shades, including 16 eye shadows, blush, bronzer, eye applicator and face brush. What more can you ask for from a beauty kit?
12. “Blowout in a Box” by Living Proof and T3– $200 ($258 value). Don’t you love it when two quality brands that compliment eachother partner together to bring you a value set? Exclusive to Sephora, this set has everything you need to create the ultimate salon quality blow-out from the comfort of your home. The “Blow Out in a Box” contains a T3 Featherweight Hair Dryer, Living Proof Straight Styling spray, and a Shine & Volume Application Kit which contains Neo-tortoise shell comb to detangle the hair when wet and Ceramic barrel brush for styling.
There’s a lot to look forward to this spring with Forever 21’s Spring/Summer 2012 collection –or rather 4 collections. There’s ‘The Tea Room’ which is a collection comprised of kimono sleeves, large floral prints, flowy/relaxed materials and elements of sheer and chiffon; ‘Rebel Yell’ which focuses around grunge, fringe, graphic tees, distressed denim, studs, American flags and large open knit sweaters; ‘Retro Revival’ which has a 20’s/30’s beach chic influence, bold prints, tailored pieces, stripes and polka dots; and lastly, ‘Sixties Sorbet’ which follows the 60’s shapes and silhouettes, pastel colors and lace. And if all of that isn’t exciting enough, check out the accessories!
October is special month, when brands rally together to help raise awareness and funds to help fight against breast cancer. This year for BCA month, I received a record number of emails by brands participating, so as I weed through (and I’ll try to update this as more come through), here’s a list of how some companies are showing their support:
**assume all of these product promotions are for the month of October unless otherwise stated**
Dior fans can go to www.diorauction.com to bid on items in three categories: Luxe Trips, Elite Experiences and Lavish Products as well as a “Shop Now” section, where customers can purchase items like a Christian Dior book or an engraved Dior Blue Tie palette, all available exclusively through Dior and select partners. 100% of the proceeds benefit Look Good…Feel Better, an organization dedicated to helping women deal wit the appearance related effects of cancer.
Catwalk for a Cure – Tickets ($100) to this annual breast cancer charity event in benefit of The MA Affiliate for Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation hosted in Boston on October 13th includes a cocktail hour, hors d’oeurves, silent auction, fashion show, reception and gift bag. When: Oct.13th from 7-11pm at 60 State Street, Boston, MA. Click HERE for tickets.
Stila – Get empowered in pink with Stila’s limited-edition Positive and Pretty Palette featuring four award-winning Eye Shadows, a Cheek Color and a Highlighter. A mirror is included for on-the-go application and a detailed face chart offers how-to tips and tricks. 10% of the proceeds will go to a variety of BCA charities including the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Price: $14 (a $62 value).
OLEHENRIKSEN is offering a special 1.7 oz. size of their best selling Truth Serum in BCA packaging ($65), with a portion of the proceeds going to the National Breast Cancer Foundation available at www.olehenriksen.com and Sephora.
Clarisonic is donating a portion of the proceeds of its “Pink” products to Look Good…Feel Better throughout the year as well as $15 for each specially designed, limited edition Almond Blossom Plus Skin Cleansing System ($235) sold during October to LGFB available at Clarisonic.com, Nordstrom or the Ritz Carlton spas. Additionally for the month of October, Clarisonic will donate $1 to Look Good…Feel Better for every Facebook “Like” they receive (Facebook.com/clarisonic). They have also partnered with The Ritz-Carlton who is working with them and Skin Authority skin care company to offer an exclusive Look Good…Feel Better facial in select Ritz-Carlton spas. With every LGFB facial performed, $15 will be donated to Look Good…Feel Better ($5 each from Ritz Carlton Spas, Clarisonic and Skin Authority). The facial will be available through November 5, and costs $180 for 50 minutes.
Bumble and Bumble is donating $5 from every purchase of Spray de Mode on bumbleandbumble.com to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Skyn ICELAND – For the 7th consecutive year, skyn ICELAND is releasing a limited edition Pink Detox Kit ($45), donating $5 from the sale to Cancer Support Community.
AHAVA – For every purchase of their Hope Blossoms Mineral Bath Salts ($22), AHAVA will make up to a 15% donation to the National Breast Cancer Foundation in support of their mission to help fund research and promote education and early detection. These mineral-rich salts contain 21 essential Dead Sea minerals, including Magnesium, Potassium and Calcium that work to melt away stress, while providing essential moisture to skin and relief to tired muscles.
CND launches Pink Wishes Colour & Effect duo nail polish set ($20) to help raise awareness against breast cancer and commemorate women everywhere fighting against it. Plus what better way to match that pink ribbon then with some extra pride on your fingers and toes? Available for a limited time, visit CND.com for locations.
TIGI’s BCA Collection – With each purchase of TIGI’s pink ribbon products, TIGI will donate a portion of the proceeds to City of Hope, a leading research, treatment and education center for cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
Darphin is donating $15 for every specially packaged Redness Relief Soothing Serum in pink ($85) sold to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. This high potency