I remember when ClassPass started. It was the biggest fitness game changer. Instead of paying per class to try different studios and fitness classes, it was one monthly fee and you could go crazy . As expected everyone and their mother signed up and changes to the program had to be made. The pricing structure changed and so did the perks, many of which I missed the memo on since as of New Years Day I put my membership on hold when I found that I’d be averaging 2-3 trips a month and didn’t think it made sense for me to join any fitness program in NYC. Big Mistake… HUGE! Fast forward to this past weekend when I had the honor of joining ClassPass for their first “ClassPass Getaway” in the Hamptons and not only learned that memberships are valid all over the country and world — but also they are now offering wellness and beauty services. So basically quitting in the new year was a mistake considering everything below they rolled out in 2018. So Here we go, 5 things I didn’t know about ClassPass…
- You’re membership is global. We just covered that, but that’s huge for travelers! How fun is that you can pick up a class when you’re in LA or Australia alike at no additional charge!
- ClassPass Getaways – you need to sign up for the mailing list right now! Let me break this down for you. For 15 credits (which probably equates to $30) and included round trip transportation from NYC to the Hamptons for a day of workout classes and fun. Three classes to be exact: Arms, Abs and Ass class with Heath Anderson, founder of New York Pilates, dance class with Witney Carson from Dancing with the Stars, and a class with the Mile High Run Club. There was also pool for guests to enjoy, massages, braid bar and spa services by Red Door Spa, beverages from Core Water and Pressed Juicery, photobooth by MirMir… and probably the most epic gift bag. You should probably get on the mailing list for the next one, it sells out in seconds.
- They now have wellness, spa and hair services. I’m talking cyrotherapy, massages, blowouts and so much more! This is currently in testing in NYC only, but lets rock it out so I can use it globally! You know how much I love me my blow-outs.
- ClassPass Live is a newer service which offers at-home workout options. It’s $15/month and they offer a free trial on the site.
- ClassPass Go which is a free trainer-let audio workouts, just download the app and choose from 600+ free classes in HIIT, yoga, running and more by world renowned trainers.