Last night was one for the books! Charlotte Tilbury hosted a private master makeup class as part of her major launch event at Bloomingdale’s to debut her exclusive new “Miss Bloomingdale’s Uptown Girl” at their flagship store on 59th Street.F rom the moment I walked into Bloomingdale’s the energy was on fire, so many fun displays everywhere! Clearly Charlie was having a great time…
I’ve met Charlotte a number of times between her personal appearances, fashion week events and backstage at fashion week but I feel like everything was leading up to this moment where I got to take a makeup class with her at the helm.
During the class we did her new “Miss Bloomingdale’s Uptown Girl” look. And after the class she debuted the look on the red carpet with actress Jamie Chung. The evening was a beautiful affair and perfect wait to celebrate the launch of Charlotte Tilbury’s “Makeup Revolution” at Bloomingdale’s. It also finally gave me a chance to smell her new and first fragrance, A Scent of a Dream, which Kate Moss is the face of. It’s flirty and sparkly like a glass of champagne in fragrance form.
Going back to the look, Charlotte put a New York twist on her iconic Uptown Girl look to celebrate her Bloomingdale’s launch. “The Miss Bloomingdale’s Uptown Girl” is a glossy, ethereal look that’s all about flawless skin, a flattering smoky eye, and fuller, wider, lit from within lips – with a touch of New York City cool.
1. Prep skin and ensure a flawless canvas with the best-selling Magic Cream and then create a soft-focus finish and instant “spotlight effect” with Wonderglow. This is the perfect base for Magic Foundation, which delivers a flawless, poreless finish. Use the Mini Miracle Eye Wand to instantly waken the eyes and fix imperfections with The Retoucher.
2. Use Brow Lift to brush up the brows, enhance their natural shape and fill-in hairs.
3. For the “Miss Bloomingdale’s Uptown Girl” Look, take the Uptown Girl Luxury Palette and wash the ‘prime’ shade across the lid, working backwards and forwards and pop it into the inner corner of the eye. Next, take the ‘enhance’ shade and wash across the lid and run along the lash-line for extra definition.
4. Run The Classic Eyeliner Pencil in Audrey along the top of the upper lash-line and apply lashings of Legendary Lashes Mascara.
5. Cheat your way to killer cheekbones with the beloved Filmstar Bronze & Glow. Apply the ‘sculpt’ shade and contour – simply suck in your cheeks and follow the hollow. Next, using the ‘highlight’ shade, lightly dust on top of the cheekbones and temples. Don’t forget to blend, blend, blend!
6. Trace the natural line of your lips withLip Cheat Lip Liner in Pillow Talk and fill them in with the Matte Revolution Lipstick in Bond Girl. This is the perfect berry shade for a cool, wearable, fabulous New York City twist.
7. Finish with a swish and pop of Cheek to Chic Blusher in Love Glow on the apples of the cheeks.
Available exclusively at the new counter and on Bloomingdales.com,