Secret just dropped Freshies, the most Instagrammable deodorant, not to mention totally functional, purse/travel friendly antiperspirant in four scents ($4.99 each). Available in Invisible Solid, this mini antiperspirant & deodorant comes in scents, Cool Waterlily, Luxe Lavender, Chill Ocean and Paris Rose. It’s the easiest and most inconspicuous/discreet bag deodorant for anyone on the go. It looks like EOS lip balm packaging on steroids. I’m headed to LA next week, and so excited to pack this little ball of pastel with me.
Rihanna can do no wrong in my eyes, especially when she continues to launch such rockstar products. Her latest beauty launch, Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipsticks ($18) are just that, plush, velvety matte finish with rich pigment and comfortable wear. Like most matte lipsticks it can get a little drying in this crazy winter weather we’re having, however unlike other matte lipsticks, this one plays really well with a chapstick or gloss on top if you need a hydration boost. Come summer this shouldn’t be an issue, but for my wine loving, winter chapped lips it’s made all the difference. Also I’m obsessed with the packaging — although it’s small so I feel like I’m going to burn through these lippies in no time.
Available in 14 shades (pinks, reds, nudes) and a fun mix of more edgy brown, green, blues and lilac shades, here’s a swatch of four of my must-have shades:
In order, bottom to top: 1. MA’DAMN (royal red), 2. GRISELDA (bold burgundy), 3. Candy Venom (electric pink), 4. Ya Dig?! (periwinkle blue).
Christmas may be over but it’s hard to not feel like it’s still hear when a giant tree shape box arrives filled with the new Buxom Va-Va Plump Shiny Liquid Lipsticks ($20 each). Featuring 20 high shine, bold, plumping — it has that little tingle — shades. Smooth finish, and it doesn’t bleed, just as long as you don’t put too much on! It’s highly pigments so do glop it on like a gloss. And these colors have some serious pop! See swatches below but I swatched against my friend Lorna and from my medium to her darker skintone the shades are almost identical!
Also I love the curved applicator, it’s a similar one to Charlotte Tilbury that makes precise applications so easy. Swatches for each shade going left to right (forearm to fingers):
1. Feel the passion, 2. Boldly Go, 3. Beg for Mauve, 4. Make Me Melt, 5. Gimme A Hint, 6. Getting Warmer, 7. A Muse Me, 8. Lights Down, 9. Come To Dolly,
2017 was a pretty incredible year for me. I got to be in an Olay campaign with my mom, was profiled in Vanity Fair, danced with the Rockettes, judged Glamour’s Beauty Awards, was on a billboard in Times Square, and meet so many of my idols! And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. If I’m being honest the whole year was a bit of a blur. Which is why every New Years Eve, I take an hour to go through my Instagram feed, blog posts and just reflect on all the incredible things that have happened. So here we go, my top moments of 2017 (in no particular order)!
- Being profiled in Vanity Fair. I mean… #goals.
2. Seeing my face on a billboard in Times Square! I hosted a Facebook Live with Sophia Bush for Sunglass Hut that was streamed on a billboard in Times Square. It was incredible.
3. Getting this Owl necklace from Iris Apfel’s personal jewelry collection. She hosted a trunk show of her one of a kind vintage pieces she’s thrifted throughout the years and I walked away with this incredible piece.
4. Being in Greece with Patricia Field and Debi Mazar, two women I’ve literally admired my whole life. From cruising around Mykonos in an ATV, to epic lunches overlooking the Mediterranean, this vacation was the definition of paradise.
5. Getting to judge Glamour’s Beauty Awards for the 2nd year in a row.
6. Being in an Olay campaign with my mom and being apart of the 28-day clinical study for the famed Regenerist and Total Effects moisturizer.
Also being in Health Magazine for the campaign!
7. Got to workout with the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall and learn their moves thanks to Gillette Venus!
8. Getting to hug Joe Biden!
9. Walking in my first fashion show for Livari during fashion week!
NARS just launched their new Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation and it’s epic. I’m going to go as far as saying it’s the best full coverage foundation I’ve every used. It covers everything, is creamy without being heavy or cakey. It lasts forever and makes me look ten years younger.
Available in 33 shades, it’s medium to full coverage, great for all skin types and literally perfect. It doesn’t oxidize, fade, finish with powder and you’re good to go all day. Makeup sits beautifully on top of it and makes me feel flawless. The formula is enhanced with a mix of fruit extracts — Raspberry, Apple and Watermelon — to smooth and improve skin for optimal radiance. I’ve had a really hard time finding my perfect shade in the past, for this launch NARS used a unique combination of a translucent base with micronized aminio-acid coated pigment sand mineral tone balancing powders to mimic skin’s tone for a close match to skin.
Side bar, I’m also in love with their Soft Matte Concealer, it’s matte and is amazing for touch ups. A little goes a long way and you just lightly dab a small about to anything that needs covering, including dark circles. Use them together and you’re set!
It’s the holidays and sometimes you gotta splurge. Whether it’s for yourself, a coworker or dear friend, here’s a round up of some of my favorite luxe gifts that make me feel like a million bucks! Also head to glamour.com to see some of my other holiday beauty picks!
Venus et Fleur
These flower arrangements are magic. Beautifully packaged roses in every color that are real and they last a year! I told you they were magic. I have the four rose style from Saks but they have loads of different arrangements on their site. And they smell like a fresh cut bouquet! I’ve had mine for two months and they still smell as beautiful as the day I got them. No watering or maintenance needed. So good!
Thompson Ferrier Candle
I’m big on candles (you should see my collection), Thompson Ferrier candles go a step beyond! They are works of art and so edgy, I love them all!!!!! But if I had to choose the elephant, skulls, pineapple, and buddha heads are my favorites! That’s actually not true, every time I’m on their site I have new ones I’m lusting over. You can check them out at Bloomingdale’s, Barneys and Shopbop, but I also saw certain styles discounted on gilt.
Red lips or shimmer? The usual debate of my holiday lips. Why not both? Clarins Joli Rouge Lipstick in shade Joli Rouge might as well be called Jolly Rouge, because it’s the happiest red. My lips are always so dry and chapped in the winter and this formula is so creamy and moisturizing and goes on so smooth. It features Mango Oil and organic Marsh Samphire to condition and nourish lips for 6 hours.
Top it off with their Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil in shade Honey Glam to create the perfect lip look for all your festive gatherings. Their lip oils are infused with 100% pure plant oils to nourish, sooth and plump lips. Honey Glam adds just the right amount of shimmer and shine making it the perfect top coat for your holiday parties.
The holidays are all about being merry and bright – and that includes your skin! I want you all to glow this season, and Kleenex® Facial Cleansing has made it easier and more affordable than ever! They launched the cutest Very Merry Cleansing Collection, which features five super convenient cleansing fabrics to wash, scrub, and remove your skin’s Grinches away. The Very Merry Cleansing Collection (a $45 value for $25 + free shipping!) includes:
- Daily Cleansing Cushions Dispenser (15 count), a daily cleansing cushion you activate with water and then massage onto your The tiny purifying blue dots gently scrub to loosen dirt, while the soft, massaging pillow lifts it away, leaving skin super smooth.
- Exfoliating Cushions Dispenser (12 count), their award-winning, double-sided exfoliating cushions feature a textured blue side that deep cleans dull and dead skin and a white side that instantly smooths and polishes.
- Facial Cleansing Wipes Dispenser (25 count), alcohol free, pre-moistened face wipes featuring their unique layered textured fabric that remove 3x more dirt, oil, and makeup than regular liquid cleansers alone.
- Eye Makeup Removers Dispenser (60 count), dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested, these moisture-infused eye makeup removers gently lift even the toughest waterproof formulas effortlessly.
- Cotton Soft Pads (85 count), hypoallergenic cotton soft pads featuring a textured microfiber fabric that’s so soft and durable they can be used wet or dry. The multi-tasking pads are great for everything from applying toners and makeup to removing nail polish.
All of these products are dermatologist tested and ideal for all skin types. And again, the whole collection is only $25! I also love that they sell refills for all of the product’s dispensers which makes re-stocking that much more affordable.
Kleenex® is the OG trusted brand of 150 years helping with bringing comfort and care.Whether it’s blotting our lipstick, drying our eyes, or helping us with a cold, their tissues are what revolutionized the industry. And their line of facial cleansing products feature the same level of durability. The fabrics are next level, textured, and multi-layered with a pro-vitamin complex that gently cleanses.
One of my cardinal rules of skincare is never go to bed with your makeup on. What I love about this collection is you can keep the cushions in your bathroom for a deep clean and the facial cleansing wipes by your bed if you’re feeling lazy to ensure you’re not waking up with raccoon eyes and sad looking skin. When you sleep, your skin does some pretty vital maintenance work, so you don’t want dirt and makeup interfering with that. It can trap dead skin cells, which you want off to make way for new skin cells to come up to the surface. The exfoliating cushion are also great for removing that extra layer of dead skin!
Check them out at KleenexFacialCleansing.com and see what cool things they are up to on their Instagram account @KleenexFacialCleansing.
Come March Oscar del la Renta will introduce a new floral fragrance, Bella Blanca. Packaged in an exquisite white bottle featuring three dimensional white flowers on it, and housing a scent that smells like spring. Floral and feminine, the scent is inspired by Oscar’s love of gardening and love of strong women and features his favorite notes.
There’s limited edition, and then there’s available for 1 day only! Enter NARS Wanted Eyeshadow Palette, available on Cyber Monday, November 27th, exclusively on Sephora.com. Featuring 12 all new formula shades it’s a great mix of nude staples in satin and mattes to a range of fun glittering metallics and shimmers perfect for holiday.
Watch it work below!