Fashion Week is that exciting time of year that both motivates me and exhausts me in ways I never knew possible. Uncomfortable shoes, early morning call times that end in late night after-parties are all part of the territory. Whether you’re hitting the shows or have a busy week in the horizon here are a few tips to help you stay calm, cool and looking in top form.
- Portable charger – there are loads on the market in every shape, color, size and beyond. Pick one of your needs because nothing is worse then you’re phone dying when you’re trying to take notes or pics backstage. I was using the Ventev powercell 6000+ for the past few seasons (until it died in Europe – not to self voltages are not the same internationally). It has 2 ports (so you and a friend can charge) and a wall plug attached to it so if it runs low you can just plug it in to recharge on the go. Because what good is a portable charger if that dies too…
- Stay hydrated – drink tons of water! Core water sponsored some events I attended last season and stocked my fridge so they get a shout out! Their’s is ultra purified and enhanced with electrolytes and minerals… but ultimately even if you’re going for the tap just keep downing water. Also raw, cold-press juices are a lifesaver if the exhaustion starts setting in. (Especially if you’re skipping meals). Cold-pressed just allows for more vitamins and nutrients since the fruits and vegetables aren’t shredded with blades.
- Get a good nights rest. I wrote a whole post around this during the holidays, all of which stand true no matter the time of year. (Click HERE for the direct link to the post).
- Have a good under-eye concealer – I use it Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye with Collagen and Vitamins C & K. It covers my dark, tired circles and brightens so I look well rested no matter what my sleep situation is.
- Hydrate your skin – I have a whole arsenal of sheet masks or hydrating masks to help, brighten and reboot my skin after long nights out. Dr. Jart+ Vital Hydra Solution and Skyn Iceland’s Hydro Cool Firming Face Gels (and eye gels) are some of my favorites. I’ve also been using Lancome Visionnaire Nuit Beauty Sleep Perfector, which is an overnight gel moisturizer that is perfection. It feels so refreshing on and plumps my skin and makes it so soft and hydrated when I wake up. Case and point load up on those hydration products!
- Face Wipes – Keep them next to your bed in case you just can’t make it to the bathroom to wash that makeup off. (Because sleeping with your makeup on is never an option). One of my favorites is Aveeno Positively Radiant Makeup Removing Wipes (Neutrogena and Skyn Iceland also have excellent ones). I otherwise make sure I have cleansing oil in my bathroom at all times to take off my makeup. I’m currently using Om Aroma & Co. remover + revive which melts my makeup off and is a 2-in-1 product that also conditioning your lashes so they grow longer and stronger.
- Primers and setting spray – Touching up your makeup can be a struggle when you’re running around all day. The Marc Jacobs Invisible Under(cover) coconut primer is one of the best I’ve ever used for winter, it’s hydrating and makes makeup go on so flawless. I use it before my foundation and then end with a setting spray. Setting sprays help lock in your makeup so it doesn’t run and lasts longer. There are a number of good ones on the market but I’m currently using Pur Miracle Mist if it’s the afternoon or Supergoop! Setting Mist with SPF 50 if it’s during the day (for the added sun protection).
- Dry shampoo – My holy grail. I have 3-5 open in my bathroom at any given time. Osis and Oribe are great for texture and Amika and Ken Paves are great to clean the hair in between washes and prolong your blow out.
- Protect your feet. Being in high heels all day can cause a world of pain. Have an arsenal of foot products that do everything from preventing swelling to protecting from blisters. Still Standing, Sole Serum, Sole Goddess Blister Perfection Foot Balm (or Band-Aid Friction Block Stick that’s an identical product) are all in my inventory. You can read more about all of them from my recent post HERE. The newest addition to my collection is Compeed Blister Cushions. These are great if a blister forms especially in the backs of your feet since they help heel them quicker while creating a barrier between the shoe so there isn’t further pain or damage when you slip those heels back on the next day. I can’t recommend them enough!
Whether it’s fashion week you’re battling or a busy schedule, these are all great products to help get you through the day.