Happy long weekend everyone! I hope you’re all soaking up the last days of summer — although lets be honest this heat isn’t dying down anytime soon! Just a peek into my weekender which of course includes tons of SPF!
1. TribeTats Jewelry – Inspired Temporary Metallic Tattoos – I’ve been obsessed with metallic tattoos all summer and the Tribetats Catalina Collection has a mix of Gold, Silver, Black and Rose Gold Designs. My girlfriends and I have so much playing with these!
2. Jene Luciani for Julie Joa GiGi bathing suit – this seasons hottest bikini award goes to this beauty. Everyone flipped for my instagram post of this suit and with good reason. The jewel tone peacock print is to die for.
3. Covergirl The Super Sizer Mascara – Obsessed!! It’s like the drugstore version of my beloved Kevyn Aucoin Volume Mascara. Tip your head back and comb your lashes up for incredible length and volume.
4. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick – So good! amazing pigment and less drying then some of the other matte liquid lipsticks on the market. Just apply in dabs, even out and let it dry for a few seconds. 28 shades, full coverage, and lasts forever. A poolside must!
5. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner – As far as I’m concerned there’s only two liquid liners worth your time, this one and Stila’s. I hate when a liquid liner isn’t dark enough or you really have to force it for consistent coverage. This liquid liner has a great precision brush making it so easy to use, it’s the best!
6. Lancome Drama Liqui-Pencil in Soleil – The new Lancome eyeliner pencils are awesome! I’ve been searching for a good yellow for a while and this one is between a white and yellow so it highlights in a similar way but the yellow tint is so much fun for a nice pop.
7. Ventev powercell 6000+ – first off Ventev has an amazing range of affordable, portable charges in all sized. I go for the heavy duty 2 port (since James and I are always out of battery at the same time) charger that can be plugged into the wall to recharge. For any blogger on the go a portable charger that plugs into the wall is everything! How many times have you been out and your charger dies? Now if that happens you just plug it in and you’re back in the green zone.
I’m all about an alcohol free formula but It’s sticky and gross out I’ll make an exception (plus it’s the only SPF when it’s terrible out I can get James to wear). It’s invisible formula is cooling and refreshing and water resistant for 80 minutes. For my face I use Dr. Dennis Gross Dark Spot Sun Defense since If there’s one thing I learned from my teen years it’s that I’m very dark spot prone. You only need a little bit and apply in front of the mirror to make sure you’re not putting on too much and it’s evenly distributed. I then top off any makeup application with Supergoop! Setting Mist. It sets makeup perfectly so it lasts longer and gives an SPF 50. Sunscreens of all form usually need to be re-applied every 2 hours so this is also the perfect way to re-load up without having to put a sunblock on over your makeup.
9. L’Occitane Precious Mist – Whether you’re on a plane and feeling dry and icky from the recycled air or on the beach feeling like your skin needs a recharge, this face mist is the answer. Enriched with immortelle floral water it’s instant hydration in one sprtiz.
10. Juara Radiance Vitality Oil – I’m having a major Juara moment, their body products are amazing! This is the first facial product I’ve used and for dry and mature skin I can’t recommend it enough. (Oily skin I’d include you in but you have to love a rich oil to enjoy it). It’ instantly hydrates and brightens. It’s rich but soaks right into skin and lasts. Come winter I’m not letting it out of my site.
11. Almay Longwear & Waterproof eye makeup remover pads – Almay has a few different eye makeup remover pads and these are by far my favorite. They are more oily then wet and take EVERYTHING off.
12. My Little Steamer Go Mini – There’s nothing worse then bringing your cute dressed and taking it out of your bag to find it super wrinkled. This steamer may be small but it packs a major punch and a total vacation lifesaver.
13. Dentek Silk Floss Picks + Case and Easy Brush – I’m a Dentek superfan. I them next to computer, bed, bags, bathrooms. I live for them because I used to be the worlds worst flosser and could not commit. These have changed my life. I’m so sexcited they launched a carrying case since now putting them in my purse is so much easier. Prior to that I only carried the Easy Brush sticks since they have a cap on each one. Now I can carry both! The Flow picks are great for loosening anything in between teeth and I use the other side of the sticks along my gum line for an extra cleaning. I then go in with the Easy Brush like a pipe cleaner to really get into the gums.
14. Pop Dental Rechargeable Sonic Toothbrush – This is my favorite travel brush. It’s chic, has a cover so it’s easy to travel with and you can replace the head. It’s also a battery operated electric toothbrush that does over 22,000 strokes per minute.
15. Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle – I’m a European Wax Center veteran but lately committing to growing out my hair out in between visits has been killing me. I got the HydroSilk in a gift bag from a Women’s Health Beauty Awards breakfast where they took first prize. It has a hydrating 5 curse sensing razor on one end and waterproof bikini trimmer on the other. It keeps me completely bikini confident while I’m away.
16. LeSportsac x Rifle Co Weekender bag (this is the Tropical Voyage Print) – No surprise I’m all about the LeSportsac weekenders. You see them on my instagram all the time. They are waterproof, lightweight, have so many fun prints and are the best travel bags.
What’s in your travel bag? Tweet me @prettyconnected or leave me a comment. I’m always looking for great suggestions!