Whether it’s a night in with a loved one or getting dressed up for a night on the town with your gals we asked the bloggers what’s on their list! From date nights to must-have products, here’s what made the cut.
1. Red lips is always the new Red. “I usually never celebrate Valentine’s Day thanks to Fashion Week, but there’s nothing more attractive, intriguing, or romantic than a red lip. My favorite formula is Lipstick’s Queen’s Velvet Rope Lipsticks in Black Tie. The deep, rich red flatters almost everyone, and though it has matte finish, it actually moisturizes and adds some minty freshness — perfect for when you want to pucker up! – Valis Vicenty, Glam.com
2. Movie tickets (with a side of popcorn). “A babysitter and an all day pass to the movie theatre. I know it sounds lame, but as new parents, we miss out on new movies all the time. So this year for Valentine’s Day I’d love a reliable babysitter and an all day pass to see movie after movie for about 8 hours straight. Oh, and a huge tub of popcorn with extra butter! Sexy. – Felicia Walker Benson, ThisThatBeauty.com
3. Self love. “I’m single this year, so instead of thinking of Valentine’s Day as a “couples” holiday I’m treating myself to a few of the things I love – a trip to Journelle, my favorite lingerie shop in NYC, Kate Spade’s Single/Taken relationship status necklace, and of course a new red lipstick!” – Tonya Mann @BeautyTipsy
4. A romantic night in. “My boyfriend and I are actually going to play with puppies before dinner, but after that it’s all about a romantic evening at home. Since he’s in charge of dinner, I’m in charge of the evening afterward, which calls for plenty of Emily&Tony Aromatherapy Massage Candles. They smell amazing and cool to a soothing massage oil in about 10 seconds.” – Kristin Booker, Fashion.Style.Beauty
5. Pamper yourself. “Pasta and a relaxing face mask! As far as masks, I’m really into Boscia’s Luminizing Black Mask because it’s fun to peel off.” – Jamie Stone, HonestlyJamie.com
6. Get the Party Started. As for me I like to start the night with a bottle of Veuve Clicquot Rose. Whether it’s between friends or loved ones, there’s no better way to start the evening than with a rose sparkling wine from Champagne, France. As for what’s on my lust list, the Ovando Rosa Mexicano Candle (it’s an intoxicating scent of garden roses mixed with notes of patchouli, black currant and grapefruit). It is by far the most beautiful candle to create a sensual atmosphere. I’ve also been eyeing the Ray-Ban Erika Velvet Red Mirror Sunglasses (hopefully my boyfriend reads my blog). What can I say, everything comes up roses (or at least rose-tinted) in these super stylish sunnies.