#TeamFritz fans may have had a tough night last night at the finale of Scandal, but it was all sunshine at the Carlton hotel in NYC. Makeda from Glamazon Diaries and I hosted a fun soiree in honor of the big finale and hosted a twitter party where we gave away some of the products used on set (congratulations to our winners @jenniferzeno, @OhLaLaChrissy, and @NJBeachGrl!). We sipped our Tiziano wine all Olivia Pope Style, our friends at Davios did some delicious catering and we tweeted up the products from the set.
So ready for the list!?! We chatted with Scandal makeup artist Denise Hooper prior to the show (follow her @ScandalMakeup), who told us all about how they get crazy amounts of products sent to the set (I’m sure you can imagine…). So you know whatever they pick is boss!!! Be sure to follow her twitter handle since they only tweet about the products they are loving and have tried (if it doesn’t make the cut, it doesn’t make twitter). And the products they use each season varies since they keep trying new items. Current faves include, NARS Penny Lane blush, Jouer Cosmetics and Dr. Lancer RX — *mental note for next tweet up* As for now, here’s what has graced Olivia Popes flawless skin and other cast members!
1. Lorac Pro Palette Eyeshadow ($42) – This palette is beyond! And sold out everywhere because retailers can not keep up with the demand (every makeup artist and beauty enthusiast wants this in their arsenal). Created by celebrity makeup artist Carol Shaw, this PRO artistry palette is packed with 8 Shimmer and 8 Matte Eye Shadows in all the shades you need to create the hottest looks straight from the Red Carpet. Included with the palette is the Mini Behind The Scenes Eye Primer, making this palette the brands #2 seller. Available at Ulta.com
2. Kevyn Aucoin The Volume Mascara ($28) – The Volume mascara adds length and volume with a uniquely styled brush that makes application a breeze! Kevyn Aucoin skinny brush doesn’t miss a lash and we had a testimonial from Felicia of This That Beauty, that this is one of her top mascara picks so you know it’s Legit! The thin brush really lets you comb every lash without clumping or flaking. Available at neimanmarcus.com
3. Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels ($30) – When you’re run down and stressed out, the delicate skin under your eyes really takes a beating, resulting in puffiness and premature wrinkling. In just ten minutes, Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels, a cooling transdermal gel patch, infuses the eye area with Icelandic glacial waters and concentrated doses of firming ingredients to de-puff, tone and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Literally if you look remotely tired, these gels will make you seem rested! Available at Ulta.com
4. Kate Somerville Age Arrest Eye Cream, ($75) – the first anti-aging treatment with Telo-5™ Technology, based on Nobel Prize* winning research on the youthful benefits of prolonging the life of telomeres. Age Arrest’s advanced formula, based on telomere research, helps to effectively reduce the appearance of wrinkles, while visibly firming, tightening, and toning the eye area. Kate’s custom Light-scattering Compound instantly disguises the look of under eye dark circles. Revolutionary Telo-5™ Technology is designed to combat the comprehensive signs of aging around the delicate eye area. Available at Website: katesomerville.com
5. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater ($7): A refreshing, hydrating mist to use any time. Formulated with herbal extracts and rosewater for a pleasant pick-me-up for dehydrated, tight and uncomfortable skin. Gentle, non-irritating. Available at shop.nordstrom.com
6. Mario Badescu Super Collagen Mask ($18): Firm and tone mature and sensitive skin with this Collagen and clay based mask designed to tighten, nourish, and purify skin. Soothing Oatmeal helps to reduce redness and irritation on sensitive skin. Available at shop.nordstrom.com
7. Neutrogena Nourishing Eyeliner in Cosmic Black ($7.50): This eyeliner defines and brightens eyes with luminous color. Subtle light diffusers make the whites of eyes appear whiter, while rich color nourishes skin with olive oil and rainforest shea butter. The built-in sharpener gives precise definition and the contoured smudger softens and blends for a variety of looks. Infused with olive oil and rainforest shea butter to condition the delicate skin around your lashes creamy automatic pencil glides on smoothly, then transforms into long-lasting finish that won’t budge.
8. Neutrogena Healthy Volume Mascara ($8.99): 400% Fuller Lashes from the inside out with olive and sweet almond visible volume brush plumps the inside builds the outside Don t just coat your lashes — build them from the inside out! From the Inside: Patent-pending formula with Olive penetrates and helps plump the core of each and every lash. From the Outside: Visible Volume Brush grabs and coats even the smallest lashes with rich, volume-building color. Sweet Almond helps protect the outside of each lash.
10. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Towelettes ($8.99): We’ve all tried these and know they’re the best, right? Cleanse and Remove Makeup Even Waterproof mascara Condition and Soothe Skin in 1 simple step with Neutrogena hydrating makeup remover cleansing towelettes. Gentle enough to use around the sensitive eye area, even for contact lens wearers.
11. BaBabyliss Pro – Nano Titanium Marcel Curling Iron, ($49.99): The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Marcel Curling Iron is engineered with advanced technology to create textured curls and waves. Nano titanium conducts the perfect heat for different hair types and maintains stability in ultra-high temperatures. The heat penetrates the hair shaft for professional styling without damage. Sol-Gel technology makes the iron barrels 37% stronger and 22% smoother than those of standard irons. Available at babylissus.com
12. Sebastian – Shell Sebastian Cellophane In-Glossing Treatment ($35) – Color Shine Complex delivers translucent color with protein-rich infusers that illuminate and enrich individual hair strands. This in-salon treatment is peroxide- and ammonia-free heat-activated formula enhances color without damage. UV Inhibitors provide radiant shine with color protection while hydrolyzed wheat proteins condition and moisturize hair to reduce brittleness.Available in ten shades including Clear, Red Red, Hot Red, Deep Brunette, Golden Brunette, Pearl Blonde, Golden Blonde, Honey Blonde, Red Brunette and Gold Red at sebastianprofessional.com
For the latest beauty happenings and products being used, be sure to follow @ScandalMakeup on twitter.