To be the first show of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, that has a call time of 7 am no less, is quite the fete. However, Nicholas K is always up for the challenge. Of course wondering what would come down the runway this season had us excited but the beauty look going on backstage had everyone in a buzz. Avon Global Celebrity Makeup Artist Lauren Andersen explained this was all about a subtle edge, featuring a reverse cat eye. “The bold geometrically bottom-lined lashes were balanced with a more neutral lip.”
How to get the look:
1. Using a foundation brush, apply Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Liquid Foundation to face.
2. Contour cheeks using Smooth Minerals Powder Foundation in a slightly darker shade than the liquid foundation.
3. Using SuperShock Gel Eyeliner Pencil in Blackout, paint on a bold line on the lower lash and extend the line beyond the eye to create a reverse cat eye.
4. After applying false lashes to the bottom lash line for a dramatic look, paint on two coats of Mega Effects Mascara in black to make lashes pop.
5. Complete the look with Ultra Color Absolute Lipstick in Caramel Comfort.
While the whole goth-meets-earthy like set in with the hair and nails (The two-tone french mani has been a major trend!), it’s really this reverse cat-eye look that has us swooning! We asked Lauren if women wanted to take this look from the catwalk to the sidewalk, what are some tips? She suggested softening the lower lid by using individual lashes instead of a strip or just be a bit more liberal with your bottom liner.
images courtesy of Style.com