Famed make-up artist Alice Lane for Maybelline lead the makeup team for the Mara Hoffman Fall/Winter 2014 show creating a look that captured the spirit of a nomadic desert nymph. The collection was comprised of rich, printed fabrics saturated with striking colors and even though the look called for heavy liner, these runway Romany were easy on the eyes. Their seductive smolders were thickly lined in black kohl using Master Kajal Kohl Liner (due out Fall 2014) on the lower lash line complimented by a golden glisten on the top lid using Sunlit Bronze Eyeshadow palette mixed and blended with a a dab of Baby Lips for a light touch of gloss. The cheeks were sun-kissed with Master Glaze in Warm Nude for a natural glow and lips were “Buffed” nude with Color Sensational -The Buffs in Maple Kiss topped with Color Elixir Gloss in Nude Illusion for a neutral nomadic look.
Catwalk by Tigi Global Creative Director, Nick Irwin channeled the subtle ripples in the dunes during a sand storm with the intricate and sultry hair look he created to harmonize with Hoffman’s collection. Inspired by the art and textiles of North Africa, Irwin created a soft wave in the hair with a tightly woven braid at the end, opulently gilded in gold. Here’s how you can get the look:
• Starting with clean, dry, straight hair, create a deep and clean side part on the left side
• Next, secure wefts of hair at back of head and sides to achieve desired thickness and length.
• Work CATWALK® by TIGI® Strong Hold Mousse from roots to ends, using a round brush to blow
• Begin to French braid the hair beginning at the nape, working your way into a three-plait braid
through the ends. Secure with a small elastic and use a diffuser on low heat to set the wave
• Once set, gently remove the braid and work CATWALK® by TIGI® Session Series True Wax
through the ends of the three individual sections of hair
• Using a three-plait technique, braid only the last couple of inches of hair and spray generously
with CATWALK® by TIGI® Session Series Finishing Spray
• To finish, spray the small braid with a gold-colored hair spray
The richness of liquid gold, influenced by the jewelry (FILILI by Luiny) styled with the collection, poured over into the nails. Nail Artist Honey, lavishly lacquers nails with Color Show Holographics Nail Lacquer in Bold Gold 45 to top of these desert treasures.