As we say goodbye to January and have completed our first month of 2012; I’ve been thinking a lot about many of the “new year, fresh start” type resolutions we make for ourselves: to look better, feel better, travel more, save money… Taking some of these goals into consideration, I’ve put together some of my favorite travel-friendly on-a-budget products all under $15 to help you on your way.
1. TRESemme FRESH START Dry Shampoo – Dry shampoo has been all the rage for the past year and with good reason! It’s an easy way to revive your hair in between washes or when you’re leaving the gym and don’t have time to shower. And TRESemme has created an entire line of FRESH START aerosol dry Shampoos based on hair type and need! There is a Volumizing, Strengthening, Smoothing, and even a Moisturizing Waterless Foam version designed to absorb excess oil and remove odor without needing a drop of water. And best part is they are priced under $6 and come in two sizes, 5.7oz and 2oz; which is perfect for travel, and compact enough to fit in your make-up case or gym bag.
2. John Frieda Full Repair Touch-Up Flyaway Tamer (0.5 fl oz/$9.99) – This product is genius! Packaged within a mascara bottle, it contains a crystal clear polish formulated with Inca Inchi Oil that weightlessly takes down flyaways without being sticky. It’s great for on-the-go touch-ups and is safe for color-treated and chemically-treated hair. Just brush the mascara wand against those flyaways and watch them settle.
3. Aveeno Smart Essentials Daily Nourishing Moisturizer with SPF30 (2.5 fl oz/$14.99) – Just because it’s winter does not mean you can stop wearing an SPF! This moisturizer is lightweight, hydrating and protects against sun exposure, free-radicals and environmental toxins (which NYC is full of!). It goes on smoothly, absorbs quickly and is very hydrating. Plus it can be worn under your makeup without making it flake.
4. Clean & Clear Limited Edition Hello Kitty Oil Absorbing Sheets ($4.99/50 sheets) – launching in February, Clean & Clear is teaming up with Hello Kitty to bring you this oh-so-adorable limited edition version of their prized oil absorbing sheets. Consider it a fashionable way to instantly remove all the excess oil and shine from your face and something to brighten up that makeup case with it’s fun pink polka dot packaging.
5. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes ($6.49/25 towelettes) – Whether it’s because you’re feeling too lazy to make it too the bathroom to wash your face–I admit, I have a pack of makeup wipes next to my bed at all times; or are traveling (even if it’s too the gym or a friends house) and can’t lug your beauty routine along, these make-up remover towelettes have you covered. These simple no hassle wet wipes are effective at taking off all of your makeup (even waterproof mascara!) and safe and gentle enough to use around the eye area even for contact lens wearers.
6. Essie Mini 4-pack ($17/pack of 4) – Nail polish in mini sizes is a travel diva’s dream! I can barely stand how cute these are! Essie has been launching these little beauties for a while, and I for one look forward to a new variety of fun on trend 4-shade-sets every season. Now if only nail salons would sell them individually when I get my Essie manicures. It would make touchups so much easier!
7. Goody StayPut Hold Secure Fit Headbands ($5.99/Pack of 4) – They fit securely and perfect for keeping your hair out of your face while washing your face or applying a mask. Plus it comes in a fun variety of colors.
DISCLAIMER: A complimentary sample of the of Goody, TRESemme, John Frieda, Aveeno, Clean & Clear products described in this post were given to Pretty Connected for post consideration. Pretty Connected was under no obligation to write this review.