Everyone was pretty in purple backstage for Peter Som’s Fall 2010 fashion show at Milk Studios.
HAIR: Lead Hair Stylist Laurent Philippon for Bumble and Bumble
Inspired by Steven Meisel’s photography in the ‘90s, Laurent Philippon created simple straight lines for the hairstyle to balance the vibrant mix of colors and textures coming from Som’s collection, and the bold purple lip from MAC. Using all Bumble and Bumble products, Laurent saturated locks in ‘Prep’ prior to straightening, then flat ironed in sections, misting in ‘Does It All Styling Spray’ to create a bone straight look with a sleek middle part.
MAKEUP: Lead Makeup Artist, Tom Pecheux for M.A.C
“The look was uptown girl, meets Woodstock, a shimmery golden eye to contradict the deep, dark, purple lip.” -Tom Pecheux
- Studio Sculpt Concealer – applied over the eyelid
- Set Powder in Invisible – powdered over the eye area to set concealer
- Pigment in with Legal – swept over the concealed eyelid from lash to brow and in the inner eye corner
- Iridescent Powder in Silver Dusk – lightly appliet to the inner eye corner and under the brow Bone
- Studio Fix Lash – applied to top and bottom lash
- Studio Sculpt SPF Foundation – applied all over the face
- Set Powder in Invisible – brushed over the skin to set the foundation for a matte finish
- Iridescent powder in Silver Dusk – lightly Brushed on cheekbones.
- Lip Pencil in Currant – lined around the natural shape of the mouth, for the perfect lip definition
- Lipstick in Kittenish – applied all over lip with a M.A.C 242 Brush
- Mineralized Eye Shadow Duo in My Dark Magic – lightly applied over lipstick with fingertip