Last night, Barney’s New York hosted the opening party for the launch of A New Foundation, which marks the newly renovated beauty floor at their Madison Avenue location. Coast to coast customers can now enjoy the new space as the NYC renovation coincides with the relaunch of their Beverly Hills location as well.
Intelligent Nutrients, the certified organic health and beauty brand created by Aveda founder, Horst Rechelbacker is gearing up to launch their first USDA Certified Organic Lip Delivery Antioxidant Gloss! Phew that’s a mouthful! A mouthful of antioxidant-rich fruits, vegetables, oils and butters formulated to battle free radicals, oxidative stress and help fight pre-mature aging while delivering moisture and shine.
Available in two shades Clear Frosting (clear sheen) and Purple Maize (light purple tint), I’ve trying the latter and it smells like chocolate raspberry cake! It’s clean tube packaging, has a brush application at the tip. It’s lightweight and delivers a soft purple sheen.
Disclaimer: A complimentary advance samples of this product was given to Pretty Connected by a company representative. Pretty Connected was under no obligation to write this review. See my About/Disclosure tab for more information.
Having recently ordered Francois Nars’ latest book NARS 15×15, I could not pass up the opportunity to see the man behind the brand that began my career in beauty almost 5 years ago (and I wanted my book signed!). So I began my evening at Barneys, where Mr. Nars (alongside Simon Doonan) was more than gracious with his time and appreciation for my past work with NARS. Having the opportunity to see Francois Nars again and reunite with some of the makeup artists and NARS team was very special for me.
He signed my book ‘For Lara, with many thanks and love, Francois Nars’! My copy and I are going to have a very long and loving life together. The book is stunning and the proceeds will be donated to 15 charities selected by the featured celebrities.
I then made my way to the Kiehl’s Since 1851 Flagship Store to celebrate the holidays with
Here are some headlines that caught my attention this month:
- Pretty Connected™ got a twitter account this week. Follow us @PCbeauty
- Julia Roberts to be spokeswoman for Lancome. [WWD]
- Simon Doonan, Barney’s Creative Director, will be decorating the White House for the holidays. I vote an Alice and Wonderland theme. [HuffintonPost]
- Cindy Crawford admits to using Botox (but not in the last 10 years). [StyleList]
- The Cat Burgler Barbie by Christian Louboutin ($150), launched Friday on Net-A-Porter and has already sold out. It’s on back order until January. To add it to your wish list click HERE.
- Former Miss Argentina, Solange Magnano, dies after plastic surgery complications she underwent for her buttocks. [CNN]
- “Up in the Air,” starring George Clooney, was named best film of 2009 by the National Board of Review of Motion Pictures. I had the pleasure of attending an advanced screening, and thought it was overall a great film, slow at moments, laugh out loud funny at others, but moderately depressing for the commitment phobic audience. [NBRMP]
- Lily Allen wants to give up her music career and open a clothing store. Can’t you do both? [TheCut]
- Arnold Schwarzenegger’s 16-year-old son, Patrick, is rumored to be dating Bruce Willis’ and Demi Moore’s 15-year-old daughter, Tallulah. Imagine if they have kids someday! That’s like a whole other level of action hero. [NYPost]
- The prestigious art show, Art Basel Miami Beach, concludes today after an exciting week of special exhibitions, events, and parties. [ArtBaselMiamiBeach]
- Alber Elbaz, Artistic Director of Lanvin, designed two stamps for the French Postal Service to celebrate120 years of Lanvin. Dear friends in France, please send me a set. Merci! [WWD]
- Zac Posen is designing a clothing line for Target [WWD]; J.C. Penney to sell MNG by Mango [JCPenny]; and Stella McCartney is collaborating with Morrissey on vegan footwear collection. [Coutorture]
- Karl Lagerfeld gave the SpongeBob SquarePants figurine a makeover. [WWD]