Well, you know you’ve made it when there’s a Barbie is wearing your designs. Out tomorrow, October 15th is the official launch of the Hervé Léger by Max Azria Barbie! Taking inspiration from the Hervé Léger by Max Azria Fall 2013 collection, the miniature sized dresses and accessories seen on Barbie were manufactured in the same factory with the same detail as the Hervé Léger by Max Azria collection.
Check out the behind-the-scenes footage of Barbie on the red carpet and runway as well as a sit-down with Chief Creative Officer, Lubov Azria, speaking to the design process and collection.
More about the Herve Leger by Max Azria Collector’s Barbie Doll:
In 1994, French designer Herve L. Leroux created the iconic bandage dress, which uses precision tailoring and structured fabric to give a woman’s figure lovely symmetry—and have been a celebrity mainstay ever since. Now the world’s most iconic fashionista, Barbie®, tries a design on for size. Set includes Gold Label Collection® Barbie doll and two chic looks: constructed out of authentic Hervé Léger by Max Azria bandages and yarns, and manufactured at the same factory that produces the full designer collection.
- Set includes Mattel® Barbie® doll with braided blonde ponytail, clear acrylic stand, two dresses, two pairs of shoes, two purses, and interchangeable harness belt.
- Look one: red bandage dress with a removable black harness belt, black gladiator boots, and a gold clutch.
- Look two: Back/white jacquard dress, open-toe platform booties, and a black studded clutch.
- Arrives in paparazzi-theme Herve Leger box.
- Limited edition of 25,000 worldwide.
Hervé Léger by Max Azria Barbie is $150 and is available at neimanmarcus.com