Last fall, Michael Bastian designed his first menswear collection for GANT. This season for his Spring 2011 presentation, the classic American heritage brand launched it’s first womenswear collection.
Can I take a moment to just say WOW? When I walked into the presentation held at Sir Stage 37 during NY Fashion Week, I was agape by the world I had entered. Okay it was just a room, but It felt like I was on a movie set from a different era and was struck by how visually stunning the models, the makeup, the sets and of course the clothes were. Inspired by the many husbands of Marilyn Monroe –mainly Joe DiMaggio and Arthur Miller, the show merged the classic sporty man with a classic Hollywood beauty.
Max Delorme, Key Makeup Artist for TEMPTU created the makeup looks for the show. Although Temptu is no stranger to photo shoots or television sets, It never ceases to amaze me the level of precision and perfection that can be achieved using an airbrush.
Inspired by “old Hollywood Glamour”, Delorme wanted to create a modern 50s look. How did he do it? By giving the models very soft, perfect skin with strong, sharp eyebrow and lip. “I used white inside the eyes to make them look bigger without mascara, and no blush. And two different looks for the lips; coral for a cute, softer look and red for a more powerful, sexy image while still keeping both looks fresh and sophisticated’ said Delorme.
Get the look:
- TEMPTU AIR Pod Foundation airbrushed on the skin for a flawless complexion
- TEMPTU Retouch Powder in Translucent for a soft focus matte finish
- TEMPTU PRO S/B Airbrow in a mi of Black and Rich Brown applied using TEMPTU PRO Airbrow stencil in Dolce Vita for a strong brow.
- TEMPTU PRO S/B in White on bottom lash line
- 2 Lip colors – TEMPTU PRO S/B in Coral and Red for bold, richly pigmented lips