I always think it’s so funny when people think I have a lot of energy. Yes, I’m driven and active with a lot of events and projects but that’s all the more reason why I’m so conscious of how I take care of myself and also what I put in my body. AMP Energy Organic is an USDA-Certificated organically caffeinated energy drink that’s offers the perfect afternoon pick me up. Available in four flavors, Pineapple Coconut, Citrus, Grape and Tropical Burst, it tastes so good (Tropical Burst and Citrus are my favorites)!
I’ve partnered with AMP Energy Organic to share my tips on how I boost my energy to keep my stamina up when I start to feel sluggish.
1. Be conscious of your caffeine type – I can do coffee in the AM but try to slow down by the afternoon. Other energy drinks have ingredients you can’t pronounce mixed into their caffeinated beverages that aren’t good for you. Instead opt for an organically caffeinated AMP Energy that balances energy with simpler ingredients. Each beverage has only 5 ingredients: Organic Caffeine, Organic Cane Sugar, Citric Acid, Carbonated Water and Natural Flavors.
2. Power play – Charlie (my pup) and I do sprints throughout the day when I’m feeling low energy. We run full speed down the street and back to get our heart rates going and our blood pumping. Jumping jacks for a minute or a quick cold shower are also great power plays to boost blood flow. If you’re feeling adventurous, try Cryotherapy.
3. Supplements –From natural root powders (I love Dope Naturally) to Vitamin B blends (B12 and B6 are my favorites), that help the body convert food into glucose, which gives you energy. Investing in some good energy powders and capsules are great for the mind and body.
4. Monitor your sleep – Sleep and its correlation to energy fascinates me. I use a BeautyRest SleepTracker to make sure I’m getting the 7-8 hours I need to be a functional human being. Any good tracker looks at your breathing rate, heart rate as well how long you’re asleep for and breaks down your light sleep, REM and deep sleep. When you’re more aware of how you’re sleeping and how you feel the next day you’re able to take control of it and make adjustments to give your body what it needs.
5. Aromatherapy – There’s isn’t a shortage of essential oil boosting energy lifts, including orange, lemon, ginger, eucalyptus, cedarwood, grapefruit, mint, basil and many more. Personally I like the Focus Essential Oil Blend from 21 Drops. It comes in a roller-ball and mixes peppermint, rosemary, frankincense and jojoba that help perk me up.
6. Fun people – this may sound funny (and granted not a tip you can usually make happen in minutes), but whenever I’m feeling really low energy I push myself to meet up or work around my friends. Not the ones that suck the life out of me, but the ones that whether we’re going for a walk or out to dinner, we just laugh the whole time. It’s always those nights when I expect to stop by for 30 minutes that I find myself getting lost in time when I’m around good energy. And it’s contagious. Sometimes getting out for a bit helps me come home and be more productive than had I stayed home in front of my computer the whole time.